TITLE: Worship and Music Director
REPORTS TO: Tim Eagerton
DATE: March 2022
ABOUT FLOOD CHURCH
Flood Church is a movement of hope and healing with Sunday gatherings in San Diego, California. We seek to develop followers of Jesus who love God, love one another and love our neighbors.
Since our beginning, 21 years ago, we have held a high value of creativity and original art birthed out of our community. The Worship Director will play a crucial role in keeping the legacy of excellence and spirit-led art alive and thriving for future generations at Flood. We also just moved into our first ever church home, a repurposed 2 story facility located in central San Diego near SDSU.
This position can be anywhere from part-time to full-time, depending on the skill-set provided. Ultimately, we’re looking for energetic, kingdom-minded creatives who are ready to use their talents and gifts, musically and otherwise, to serve the Church.
- Develop and maintain a high level of congregational participation in worship every Sunday, expressing Flood’s value of Creativity through music.
- Serve and advocate for all worship bands at Flood.
- Connect and communicate with bands regularly.
- Care for and troubleshoot any challenges facing our bands or musicians.
- Develop worship leaders and worship bands from within the Flood community, both spiritually and musically.
- Work with both volunteer and paid musicians to craft unique and demographically-appropriate arrangements of songs for corporate worship.
- Lead a regular discipleship group for worship leaders at Flood.
- Coordinate music at Flood gatherings on Sundays and all-Church events
- Enhance the topic of each Sunday through worship music.
- Develop a relevant sound to young, artistically-minded demographics
- Schedule worship bands/musicians.
- Prayer & Liturgy
- Design and implement ways to encourage congregational participation for prayer and worship on Sundays.
- Implement scripture along with music in worship gatherings.
- Oversee and develop Prayer Ministry volunteers, Sunday Prayer Counselors and prayer events throughout the year.
- Work with Creative Arts Director and Sunday Team to craft meaningful and interactive worship experiences each week.
- Oversee development and scheduling of Sunday production teams, including media, lights, and audio.
- Work with Creative Arts Director on purchases and repairs of sound equipment.
- 15-20+ hours per week. Room to go full-time with right skill set.
- Weekly Schedule:
- Sundays 7am-1pm
- Tuesdays 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesdays 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- Thursdays, 9am - 10am
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY WITH:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills including Google Suite Products and ProPresenter
- Openness and humility for feedback and dialogue
- Patience in volunteer development
- Punctuality and responsibility
- Basic knowledge of live sound equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot, adapt and improvise solutions quickly
- Ability to operate and lead graciously through high-stress scenarios
- Musical training
- Deep understanding of current and upcoming secular and Christian trends in art and music
- Entrepreneurial spirit (an executor, not just an ideator)
- Experience in other mediums (film, design, creative writing, etc.) a plus, but not required
- Commensurate with experience